> New to this reflector. Waiting for my K3/100& P3 kits to arrive. I
> want to use a Yamaha CM-500 boom set with my K3 but think I should
> ask if anyone else has experience using this combination.

I assume you mean the CM-400 ... it is quite popular here and provides
results every bit as good, if not better, than headsets costing three
to four times as much.

 > There must be a connection adapter used between the boom set
 > and the K3 mic connector, correct?

The CM-400 works quite well when plugged directly into the rear panel
headphone and mic jacks (if you don't mind leaving it connected all
the time).  If you want to be able to disconnect/change headset/mic,
the W2ENY adapter works fine or you can build your own with a $5.00
Foster plug and a female 3.5mm jack (or two, if you want to connect
a hand PTT switch to the front panel) for less than $10.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV