Thanks Joe & Guy.  I've had a look at the schematic and that makes sense.
I'll have a look for the 5V on the PTT IN connector and if it's missing,
I'll trace it back.  I'll take the K3 apart tonight and make a start.
If it turns out to be an open RFC, that'll be a simple fix.

Thinking back, I had an RFC go open on my K1 at one stage way back, for no
apparent reason. Took me a while to find it because at the time, I really
didn't think RFC's were that fragile and that thew me off.  Anyway, I learnt
a lesson.  Perhaps the same one here...  we'll see.

Thanks for the advice.

John
VK7JB