Yeah Steve, there is a fix, it is called shading the Radio!

You probably exceeded the temperature limits of inside components.

I had a tuner that kept getting out of adjustment at Field Day one year.
Finally, I realized that the sun angle had changed to bear directly on the
dark case and the inductor was heating up and changing value.
Put some shade over the rig by moving it on table and everything went back
to normal.

GL,
Stuart
K5KVH