Hello Group,

I've been using my K2/100 on CW a bit lately and have noticed that there are
low frequency thumps/pops on the receive audio at the rx to tx transition -
ie onset of keying (key closure).  They are most noticable if the noise
floor is high or if there are other signals in the receiver passband.  If I
wind the RF gain right back or operate on a really quiet band and the
artefacts disappear.

They don't relate to the DSP (they occur even when DSP is bypassed), to the
state of the 8R Hold parameter or to the presence or absence of transmitted
RF (the artefacts are present also in TEST mode).

I see there is mention of this issue in the K1 in an application note found
here:

http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/K1_qsk_app_note.htm

It describes what I hear in my K2.  Does anyone know if there is a similar
mod for the K2, or whether this K1 mod might be relevant to the K2 if
adapted?

Thanks for any ideas.

73,
John