John,

Have you looked at the terminal program that is part of the utility
package available for the KX3 as a download from Elecraft?

Practically any Windows PC with  a RS232 or USB port can be used as a
keyboard for CW, RTTY and PSK31, no sound card required. It uses the KX3
ACC1 port. With the deal you also get 16 memory buffers and a full
screen display. I've been looking for a small Netbook myself to plug
into my KX3.

73,
Niel - W0VLZ
KX3 #43