Hmm, I am not sure what that would mean, an analyzer that can see near field
effects.

The in line analyzers indirectly might show near field effects simply by
being interfered with by strong RF nearby.

Almost anywhere on the boat that is away from structure and conductors will
have the same HF efficiency, if a full size HF antenna, or nearly so.

To really have differing efficiency, you would have to be able to move
things at least a quarter to half wave to see an effect.  I am thinking you
mean a pleasure boat and not a larger yacht.   Most small boats just don't
give you many options.   You probably need to place the vertical well aft,
out of the way of sail apparatus if a sail boat.  On a motor boat, you could
be anywhere along the center line.  Probably the most important efficiency
aid is to have wide straps going to a keel ground plate or plates.  The more
metal in contact with the water the better.

Most sail boats have a very effective/ efficient antenna in loading the back
stay guy of the mast as a sloper, rather than using a true vertical.  Such
an antenna will have some vertical and thus low angle take off component off
the beam of the boat.

Stuart
K5KVH