Paul,

Ham Radio Deluxe is also a good application to use.  It is a suite of
integrated applications that consist of rig interface/control, a
logbook, digital mode software (DM780), rotator control and much more.
The current available version is 5.20, with 5.21 coming out soon.
Current versions are free, but beginning with v6.0 it will cost $79.95.
Version 6 comes out for Dayton.  Version 6 will include support for both
FSK and AFSK.  DM780 integrates very nicely and directly with the
logbook portion of the application.  A simple command in some of the
macros automatically logs the QSO for you.

Disclaimer - While I don't have financial interest in HRD, and I am a
paid customer, I am also a member of the alpha/beta test team.  You can
check out the software at http://www.hrdsoftwarellc.com.

As far as interfaces are concerned, I use, and love, the SignaLink USB.
You buy it and the K3 module and cable for about $100.  You plug it in,
and it works.  No configuration necessary.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your software search.

73,

--Ian

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA