Plus... if the audio levels are properly set, the distortion levels
should be very low.  Certainly, the distortions of the RF signal due
to propagation would be worse than the conversion distortions.
If you use the on-board method of sending RTTY or PSK31, you would
get the benefit of not having to convert analog audio to digital, etc.

73 de Ray
K2ULR