A spreadsheet analysis may lead one to conclude that the project is
unworthy.

But, the spreadsheet does not have field types to include the value of
visual impact upon the whole.  Or, a measure of "completeness" of the
product line. Or measure the negative impact of having to re-purpose a
speaker system that looks like it ought to be in the room of one's
teenage son.

I would postulate that there are many folks who would gladly shell out
$150 or more for a matching speaker.

Drake got it right.  The speaker cabinet was large enough to also hold
the power supply.  What did the power supply and the speaker have in
common?  Nothing.  But everyone needed a power supply and everyone
needed a speaker.  And, the speaker very nicely completed the 4-Line.
In fact, a 4-Line looks naked without the speaker.  But, that doesn't
fit in the spreadsheet either.

Engineering without art is less than it could be.  Not all business
decisions should be made with a spreadsheet..

73,
Doug, W7KF
http://www.w7kf.com