Having had Heathkit building experience, I would agree with the Oct 2004 QST
review's estimated 15-20 hours for assembly.  I am up to page 30 of the
assembly manual after 7 hours, and can only imagine doing it much faster if
my eyesight was sharp enough not to need a magnifying lens.

I've posted an unboxing video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJzRTR7DDU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJzRTR7DDU
and still photos at
https://picasaweb.google.com/114032640816757126398/ElecraftXV144TransverterKit
https://picasaweb.google.com/114032640816757126398/ElecraftXV144TransverterKit

Don Wilhelm-4 wrote

> Jim.
>
> Thru-hole only.  If you are reasonaly efficient, it will take you from 4
> to 6 hours to finish the assembly.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> On 4/16/2012 10:38 PM, Jim Lowman wrote:
>> I suppose this question pertains to any of the XV-series transverters.
>>
>> How long should the assembly/alignment/testing take?
>> I've been assembling kits since the Heathkit days.

-----
Carol, KP4MD/W6