Yes, my cfglineout was set to "nor 005" and turning it up to 20 brought the
signal up considerably and continuing up made snow appear in the background
so backed it down.

However, and this is not a K3 problem, If I back down the gain in the
program to center it lowers the signals as well and I don't know where it
should actually be set.  Using 20 but wondering if I am missing some I
should be hearing.  I will have to play with it unless somebody has an
opinion on the readings I should have.  They say -15 and up some.  Is that
supposed to be "normal" or is it way too low.

This has gone beyond the K3 now so I will end this line.  Pleae respond
direct to not use up any more K3 time for what is now off topic.

Thanks everyone, de Jim KG0KP