You only need set PRE/none/ATT and RF gain correctly.  Many people seem to
thing that RF gain at max all the time and PRE on all the time, for all
bands all the time, is the normal setting.

You can make this exact same error on a Ten-Tec Orion.  PRE/ATT/RF gain
need to be set for ambient noise with NO signal to be at a very moderate
level.  It is not at all uncommon on 160 and 80 for that to be ATT on and
RF gain at two PM.  My Yaesu MP dealt with that issue by deliberately
making 160/80 insensitive so they would not receive reports of a noisy
receiver.

On your K3 you have the flexibility to use those on the low bands to supply
preamplier gain for low output directional RX antennas.

My TX antenna on 160 is ATT on, RF gain at noon, and phased loops-on-ground
to NE on the second RX set to PRE on and RF gain at max.  Works balanced
and gang-busters on diversity, because the flexibility in the K3 allows me
to equalize the noise levels in the antennas.  There is no roaring noise
coming out of the RX and NR does not really help for really weak CW
signals.  Narrow selectivity does better.

73, Guy.