Quite so.  The calibration against WWV is not a one time event, I do it
at least a couple of times a year.  Actually it can vary a few counts in
a day, mainly dependent upon heat soak of the front panel.  Mine
regularly runs at 37C.

If my understanding is correct the REF CAL number is a stored number not
a direct measurement of the TCXO frequency, though it might look like
that.  Therefore it will not change, ever, unless manually done so or
the EXTREF board is installed and running.

It would be interesting if someone with an EXTREF board installed would
post the change in REF CAL number from cold to hot and extended run.

I used to drive the local Intelsat Std. B earth station and our uplinks
at 6GHz were locked to an approximately 4MHz precision TCXO which locked
a 100MHz osc, which locked the final SHF osc.  It was not unusual to see
a couple of Hz/month wander (at 4MHz).

Not done like that in the new station.  Neither does it have two stage
parametric RX preamps that need de-icing twice a year at the feed
assembly, but that is another story.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO