From: Jim N7US
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 9:09 AM
To: 'Elecraft List'
Cc: 'Gary Surrency'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 no RF output

Todd,

I experienced the same problem a couple of months ago.  I never noticed a
fault, but maybe it did it, and I didn't notice.

I emailed Gary (supp...@elecraft.com) and tried the EE INIT including
reloading previously saved configurations.  I ended up sending the radio
(S/N 3598) in.  Keith found an IC that wasn't properly soldered, but really
nothing else.  It never malfunctioned while there.  He did extended burn-in
sessions and installed a couple updates, including De-Oxit to the front
panel connections.  It's worked fine since then.  I was charged for an hour
of time, and I imagine he spent more time than that.

It was unsettling to not have conclusively determined the problem,
especially since it seemed to happen without warning, but it's been working
fine.

73, Jim N7US