Fred- Thanks for the laugh! Very insightful.

And thanks for the other comments too. I realize conjecture is useless, but
somehow
we all do this when we are so interested in the fate of something as
compelling as the KX-3.

If Tom's list is only a fraction of the actual orders (and I think it might
be a higher fraction
than imagined), the only data one can draw from it - is that this poll
of existing orders does represent the /relative ratio/ of kit to factory
orders.
(a 10% random polling sampling gives over 95% accuracy)

We can also see that it seems that no orders have been shipped for a week.

Also, we can observe that Eric and Wayne have erred on the side of less
information over
more information. Whatever generates less inquiry traffic for them is best.
They have been
down this road before.

We who are waiting just hope that production of the KX-3 will continue at
some date
and that eventually the object of our desire will appear on our doorstep.

I can't say that ANY ham radio produced in my 5 sunspot cycles has been
as tantalizing as the KX-3. I think it will be what puts Elecraft into Ham
Radio history.

And I certainly didn't mean to infer that the $100 price difference had an
influence on not shipping
kits. Obviously their company was founded on making kits and it is a winning
approach.

If any of we who ordered -could create such a masterpiece of engineering, we
would do so.
A major tip-of-the-hat to Eric and Wayne for achieving this level of design
excellence.

Bob-AB5N