This popped up on the KX3 reflector but I thought it should be here
too.  Pardon if someone beat me to it.

Here's a neat new device that connects your computer and radio over an
ad hoc wireless network. It is really designed for the iPad and the
maker's program HamLog but I see it having application here.
Communication with the computer is wireless and communication with the
rig is over its serial port.  No USB or serial port from your computer
is required.

1.  Take your iPad to the field and log your contacts with HamLog, then
import them into your home logging program (yes the program supports
ADIF file transfers).  HamLog supports Elecraft radios, including the KX3.

2.  Maybe you've had bad luck with ProLific and FTDI drivers trying to
run USB>Serial converters.  You could have your radio and computer talk
wireless while you access the internet over a network cable.

Go to pignology.net

I have no connection with the company - just interested in the
possibilities and marveling at the creativity.

--
Buck
k4ia