Hi Bob,

Well, I must admit that it is nice to set my GPSDO driven flex5000 or flex1500
to 100 Hz wide at 50.060000 and hear the k5ab beacon 170 miles west of me.  He
is stable and on frequency and so am I.  However, the 5000 would be close
enough to put that
beacon in the 100 Hz with it's normal oscillator.  I'm sure the kx3 will do the
same thing ...

I still have a drawer full of those 8 MHz FT243 rocks that I used to use on six
meters fifty+ years ago.  Every couple of kHz from 50.1 to 50.4 :)

Regards,

Richard W5SXD (ex K1IGY)

(05/01/2012 23:00)