Steve...

     Although some argue that adjuncts like the SignaLink are not
needed. I have used SignaLinks on a K2, an ICOM 910H, and now my
K3/100+P3. I am very pleased with the way in which it gives me that
extra little degree of control, and in particular in the way in which it
enhances FLDIGI/FLRIG for both RTTYand PSK of all speeds. For $67 it has
been worth every nickel of the price, especially vis-a-vis the costs of
the other parts of my HF station.

     I run FLDIGI/FLRIG and the screen-captured P3 screen on one of my
two monitors, which leaves the other one free for any other need. On the
various PSK speeds, I run at 25 watts on the K3, and on RTTY I move the
output up to 75-80 watts. If I want to run CW, I just shut down FLDIGI
(it is not a sterling performer on CW) and run without a decoder. Even
on my forays into SSB (usually on VHF or UHF, where I run >350 watts) I
leave FLRIG running, as it gives very nice semi-remote access to many of
the K3 parameters, but that has little to do with the "issue" of using a
SignaLink.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====

On 5/3/2012 7:32 AM, Steve wrote:
> Good Morning All,
> I have a K3 and am awaiting my KX3....soon I hope...
> My question is that I am wanting to put the K3 on
> PSK and RTTY and I'm wondering if
> my choice of the Signalink USP  is a good choice
> for these modes with the K3 and hopefully the KX3
> Tnx es VY73'
> Steve W8CRH
> SEMPER FI

Sent from my lovely old Dell XPS 420