In a recent message, Julie Royster <jsdroys...@bellsouth.net> writes
>Larry K4MWE and I are hearing lots of distortion (clipping probably) on the
>K144XV tuned to local repeaters for anyone with strong signals.  Weak
>stations are OK.

Julie - What you say suggests that the strong signals going through the
repeater are the problem if the weaker ones are okay.  Perhaps those
strong stations are over-deviating and are hence being clipped by the
repeater's receiver.

The K3 is a precision transceiver so maybe the fault lies with remote
transmitters. I presume you have your AGC on the K3 correctly set.

No problems with 2 metre repeater use with my K144XV here, nor with
repeaters on 6 metres.

73/88

de David G4DMP

--