Hello RC,

I am not sure exactly what your question is, but I will offer some information
that
may be of interest to you.  I currently use a K3 here at home for all my 6m EME
operations (all of which use JT65A mode from the most recent WSJT software
package).
I also have used it on my recent 6m EME DXpeditions to E51, 3D2 and 5W0.  A few
of
the reasons I think it is such a perfect radio for 6m EME are the following:

1.  Of course, it automatically includes 6m, so any DXpedition taking a K3 is
automatically equipped for 6m.

2.  It has a built-in computer interface, so all you need is to connect stereo
audio
leads from your computer sound card, along with an RS232 cable from the
computer to
control the PTT function via the RTS serial line (a MENU option from the front
panel).  So the K3 is also "digital ready"!

3.  The bandpass is essentially FLAT for more than 800 Hz either side of the
JT65A
center frequency, so it is easy to spot spread-out callers with equal
sensitivity.

4.  The K3'a optional KXV3a module provides IF output, along with separate BNC
connections for transverters.  It also provides convenient receiver-only line
in and
out, for connection of a separate receive antenna or insertion of a low noise
receive-only preamp (a necessity for weak signal work on 6m).

5.  It has a GREAT IF noise blanker, that has saved me more than once while
operating
in the field.

6.  Unlike some radios, it has the ability to turn the AGC totally OFF, which
is
quite helpful with WSJT weak signal digital modes.

7.  With the 100w option, you have enough power to drive popular commercial 6m
amps
such as the ACOM 1000, ACOM 1006, ALPHA 8406, M2 6M-1000, ICOM PW-1, and many
others.

8.  It weighs only 12 pounds, so is easily transportable to rare and exotic
locations.

Last summer during Es season on 6m, I was amazed to contact so many new K3
owners
trying out 6m for the first time!  That is the beauty of having such a high
performance radio that includes the Magic Band ;-)  The current Es season is
just
beginning now (even way up here in western Montana!), so stick up a good 6m
beam and
get ready to join in on the magic!

GL and DX!  VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!