The C-band satellite has 2 channels on each frequency - I can't recall
if one was horizontally polarized and th other vertical or whether one
used right hand circular and the other left hand.  In any case, it works
and works quite well.

So having 2 non-interfering non-multiplexed streams on one frequency is
nothing new.

73,
Don W3FPR