Hi everybody

In evaluating the new firmware I use 2xK3, #791 #5752

*
*

*Initial conditions*:

Rx Eq flat on booths rigs

BW 700Hz, no CW roofing only 2.7KHz (5poles)

AGC DCY –Soft

AGC SLP -003

AGC FST -100

K3 #791 THR=14-17 (usually 14)

K3 #5752 THR=5-8 (usually 7)

Test:

single signals, beacons around S3, S4

pileups 7O6T, 6O0CW

Observations:

   1. Signals appears to be cleaner with higher THR, but the difference it
   is not so big on my ears maybe because I am not dealing yet with a big
   pileup with S3/S4 signals BUT the sound is more nice and clear indeed.
   2. I have to take care more with audio level  on higher THR, and once I
   lost audio using THR=20.
   3. QSB more intense on signals with newer firmware. Sometimes I even
   lost the signal on 2.74DSP while it is still copied at 2.73DSP.
   4. Overall it is more pleasant to listen to with the new firmware
   version.

 Future tests:

   1. small expeditions in the field.
   2. make some recordings.