Hi Steve,

                You can use a TRS (Tip, Ring,Sleeve) Y cable.   At the straight
key you will need to add 2 diodes to to keep isolation between  the DOT & Dash
leads.  Almost any diode will work, common  rectifier types in the 4000 series
or small signal 1N914 or 1N4148.

                 Works fine. In my case I have an old Brown Brothers that has a
key and paddle on the same base and the wiring was done under it and is not
visible.  Just  use whatever your choice is at any time.

73,
Bob
K2TK   ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR