I've been a knob, switch and button junkie from an early age,
but cannot fathom how there could be 140 controls on an
amateur transceiver.  Not disputing your count, David, but
I'd like to see a larger version of a photo of the front panel
so that the function of each control can be identified.

Certainly, that's more controls than on a commercial
broadcast transmitter.  In fact, the only piece of electronic
gear that I can recall working on that had more adjustments
was one channel of a redundant air traffic control radar
system, with about 200.  That was in my Air Force days,
circa 1971-75, before solid-state replacements and
computer interfaces took over.

73 de Jim - AD6CW