I also had the problem with DM780 freezing the machine. Actually, the
problem was traced to the serial/USB interface that I was using.
Specifically, the Proset chip set was used in that interface, which is
known to have problems. I switched to a serial/USB interface based on
the FTDI chip set and haven't had a problem since. The serial/USB
interface sold by Elecraft (KUSB) is based on the FTDI chip set

On 5/9/2012 1:47 PM, Keith Heimbold wrote:
> I just uploaded the new HRD and it has very few controls for the K3. In
> comparison, I had before a FT950 and it had probably fifty plus slider bar
> options. It worked real well with the 950 for basic rig control minus the
> fact that I never had good stable operating of DM780 which is a application
> freeze machine.
>
> Keith
> AG6AZ
>
> Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos
>
> On May 9, 2012, at 1:44 PM, "Bill"<b...@w2blc.net>  wrote:
>
>> Does the current "free" version of HRD do anything additional for the K3
>> than previous versions? Perhaps allow more sliders or other controls?
>>
>> Bill W2BLC
>>
>> --
>> IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)

Rowland R Johnson
rowl...@lascanadas.org

www.lascanadas.org
House 805-438-3673