Just returned from an 11 day trip in Ireland. Took the K1 along in my
carry-on luggage with no issues at any of the airports used. Hotel
accommodations
were not the best for antenna effectiveness and tour activities  prevented
operation when 20m propogation was best. Worked some EU stations  from my
second
story hotel room in Kinsale using a 25 foot end fed wire and the  ATU in the
K1. Power source was a battery pack made up of 8 series AA cells.  Power output
was set at 4w. The rig performed flawlessly and has now logged  contacts in
KH6, G, and EI.
73/72
Dan NØTK
Highlands Ranch,CO