I've just installed a new shack computer and am having problems with the
Elecraft K3 Utility and P3 Utility programs. I wonder if anyone else has
had something similar?

* PC is running W7 64 bit.
* Using MicroKeyer II to create virtual serial ports.
* Other programs work OK (DX4WIN, Win-Test, K3_EZ).
* The same symptoms occur on both Utility programs.
* IN the Utility programs, I select the PORT tab and choose the correct
serial port - the connection comes up OK and recognises the MCU version.
* When I go into the FIRMWARE tab and press "Check Versions Now" , I get
a Windows error message: "Elecraft K3 Utility has stopped working" with
the description "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
* Error occurs every time and a similar error occurs in both programs.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks. John G4IRN.