On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, r miles <greenacres...@charter.net> wrote:

> I placed my order. I hope to be in the 1st run. I have a question or two
> for the guys who saw it at Dayton.
> How is it cabled. Not the antenna connections.  K3 to it or thru the
> KPA500?  Will there be a special cable like the one  for the K3 to
> KPA500?

I wasn't at Dayton, but you can see the connectors here:

http://www.elecraft.com/KAT500/kat500rear_visalia.jpg

Clearly the "ACC" connection "loops through" the KAT500 to get the
KPA500. This makes sense, as it would allow the tuner to interrupt the
keying line to the amp during tuning, etc.

This part is *speculation* on my part; I imagine that the typical
configuration will be a straight-through DE-15 (as supplied in the
KPAK3AUX kit) between the K3 and KAT500, and another (identical cable)
between the KAT500 and KPA500

73,

    ~iain / N6ML