Good Evening,
    Radio is fun on a foggy, chilly day.  I got to see the eclipse
vicariously via many viewpoints.  One photo in my inbox already; maybe
there will be some more.  The comment about seeing many, many crescents
under the trees was my favorite since I had seen it before in a near
total eclipse.  I wish I could have afforded to travel the few hundred
miles it would have taken to see totality.

    Conditions were decent.  Not fantastic but good enough to have fun
and bring together a geographically diverse group.  I had reports of QSB
on me from many places but I only had it on you folks from the Midwest
and the South.  QRN was mild on 40 when we started but it grew steadily
until the end of the net.  I kept turning my RF gain back to keep it at
a dull roar; just enough to dig out the weaker stations.  There were
some nearby stations I could not filter out except with the filter
between my ears.

    On to the lists =>

   On 14050 kHz at 2200z:
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
WA5BDU - Nick - AR - K3 - 1195
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
K4JPN - Steve - GA - K2 - 1422
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
KB3FBR - Joe - PA - K2 - 6178
AC5P - Mike - OK - K3 - 2170
NK6A - Don - CA - K3 - 4569
WS5K - Stan - NM - K3 - 4797

   On 7045 kHz at 0200z:
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
K0DTJ - Brian - CA - K3 - 4113
WI6O - John - CA - K1 - 922
W6JDB - Jay - OR - K3 - 1288
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K3 - 457
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
NY6G - Stan - CA - Kenwood

    Thanks for all the fun over the years.  It looks like the ninth
anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks.  I'll need to check since it
may be the tenth anniversary.  Time flies!  I'll dig into my boxes of
files and see what year this all started.  I don't think the Reflector's
archives date back to that time.  Propagation has changed over the years
as have net procedures.  Tom, N0SS, left a strong stamp on how this all
works.  I surely miss his relay help.  Another look at the continent
would assist those stations wishing to check in but who I cannot hear.
Any ideas?

    Until next week stay well,
       73,
          Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-