In my more than thirty years of program management and contract work in
industry it always meant either "to be determined" or "to be defined".
A little Google searching (use the keywords "acronym TBD") shows "to be
determined" as the dominant interpretation:

http://www.abbreviations.com/TBD

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_acronym_TBD_mean

http://www.ask.com/questions-about/What-Does-TBD-Means

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Military-and-Government/TBD.html