Greetings, I'm currently in SV5 (Patmos) for some much needed
vacationing. I brought my kit-KX3 #80 along for a maiden voyage. Being
WPX CW weekend, I went down to a nice north-facing beach, strung up a
~40' wire into a tree, with a few random length radials, and used a
cigarette lighter plug in my rental car. I brought my Macbook Pro and
used Rumped logger, with the USB cable. Keying is great. I played a
while on 40M and 20M and worked a good number of guys. Even on 40M
with the incredibly loud and close Euro sigs I had no problem
separating folks.

I got to the beach about Sunrise, and 20 and 40 were both hopping
pretty well. S9+ sigs from the states, and 20-40 over 9 sigs from all
over Europe. With crowded band conditions, I found that I had to pick
someone that was S8 or above for them to hear me with 10w.

It was a lot of fun, I only spent about an hour or so operating until
it got warm and I decided to go back to the hotel for breakfast. This
was around 0400z. Easily worked many Europeans, US/VE, and even 9K2
and A7. Tonight, around 2200 - 0000z I'll get on again and work some
more guys from the hotel (using an inverted vertical hanging from the
hotel room deck).  That works quite well, I worked even the E40
expedition on 10M with 5w, one call. :) Our hotel is on a hillside
overlooking a nice saltwater bay a few wavelengths away :)

Hopefully I'll see a number of you tonight on 20/40M, best 73 from
SV5! After this we'll be off to a number of islands in SV8, then off
to 9H.

Jeff SV5/N6GQ, 9H3ZZ