I admit I would never have bought one until I tried one on demo at Dayton.  It
is night and day to me.  Pricey yes but for me I will pay it..  Had a K3 with
the CNC knob not been there to feel I would have never bought one.  You cannot
adjust the felt tension on the original K3 knob to get the feel of the heavier
knob on the main VFO.  I opted for the rotating spinner and I really like the
feel.  Each to his own.  It is like the feel of a CW paddle.  The heavier 2nd
VFO knob did not make all that much difference.  I found a knob just a shade
bigger than the present 2nd VFO knob with a rotating spinner, and I plan to
fill it with lead.  I actually put the main VFO on the 2nd and it works but
crowds things a little. If anyone wants to see pix of both let me know.  73
Mike K4PI