Phillip and others,

        The original K3 knob is adequate in my opinion. As a matter of fact I
have an extra. I acquired a K2 where someone had put a K3 knob on it (Which I
did replace with the newer K2 weighted knob from Elecraft). I am sitting here
with the spare K3 knob  in my hands and cannot for the life of me see any
advantage to an even heavier knob. Proper adjustment against the felt washer
works for me….But to each his own…..

73s Jim, W4ATK