On 6/4/12 at 14:02, kd...@comcast.net (Ron Gould) wrote:

>I am looking for suggestions for various ham radio software
>that works good with a Mac and success/failures others may have
>had.  I do not want to run the Mac in windows/corporate mode,
>sorry no more registry or blue screens of death for me.  I am
>seeking advise from other K3 owners who have tried programs
>like Cocomodem for digital modes both directly through K3 or
>various usb hardware interfaces such as Microham, Rigblaster,
>Tigertonics etc and if the expense and effort is worthwhile or
>just connecting the K3 to Mac?  I do not need CW keying as I
>have a Begali CW machine for that, which works great.  This is
>a bit off topic so email off list is fine unless you feel your
>73's  Ron
>kd...@comcast.net

Ron -

I use RUMLog and cocoaModem on my Mac. RUMLog can use the RS-232
interface to read the frequency from the K3. cocoaModem has been
a workhorse for my on PSK-31 (90% of my operating time after FM
repeater & SSB.)

My general PSK operating mode is to set the K3 to the base
frequency for the PSK sub-band and lock the VFO (hold LOCK).
When I start a QSO, I narrow the bandwidth of the radio to
150-250 Hz using the Lo and Hi knobs. When I end the QSO, I have
a macro to open the bandwidth to 2.3 KHz to fill my 2 KHz
waterfall. I use the RF gain knob to control over-driving the
Signalink interface. I use a Signalink because I have a MacBook
Pro which can only do audio one way at a time.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV