On 6/4/2012 8:39 AM, John Shadle wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> I have been using N3FJP's AC Log for a while, both with my K2 and now
> my K3. I haven't had any trouble at all with DX spotting and clicking
> on a spot to do a frequency change with either rig. I can take a look
> at my settings if you like.
>
> So, basically, clicking on a spot doesn't work? You're getting the
> wrong mode and even frequency? That's strange...
>
> N3FJP recently updated AC Log and it's a much improved program. It's
> now at version 3.2 (although I have only upgraded to 3.1 so far,
> myself). If you purchased it in the past, you're entitled to a free
> upgrade.
>
> It might be best to try to post your question to the AC Log list, too.
> I've found Scott and the rest of the list members invaluable in
> setting up the software.

> 73
> -john W4PAH
> Madison, WI
>
>> If anyone has been successful in finding a way to send DX spot rig command
>> strings *smoothly* from N3FJP's ACLog to a K3, would you please email me
>> with the software settings you've used.  I have not been able to get ACLog
>> to interface well with my K3 (#474) since I bought the rig (the software
>> worked fine with my FT1000MP).  The software reads the K3 data just fine.
>> But DX spot clicks seem to go very slowly and the mode, band and frequency
>> changes seem to be all mixed up.  Scott, N3FJP, told me that Elecraft sends
>> the commands to the K3 in a "non-standard" format but claims to "generally
>> support" the Elecraft line. The command string references I have found in
>> the K3 manual have not been successful, but I don't rule out an error on my
>> part there.
>>
>> Other than recommending other logging programs can anyone offer an ACLog
>> command solution. I'm not a contester and have tried all the popular
>> logging/rig control offerings that many of you use.  Most programs offer WAY
>> too many features for my needs.  Many thanks.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Terry, W0FM

> Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.htm

Terry-
I have been using ACLog with my k3 for a couple of years now and have no
problem with it.  When I click on a dx spot it goes right to the freq.
These are my setting:
com port 1
Baud Rate 38.4
Parity-DTR
Radio Polling rate   500ms
I am using verison 3.0 on ACLog.  I did not know they had an upgrade
out.  But will go and download it soon.
Hope this helps.

John-KM5PS
k3 #3906