Did anyone else on this list give this class a go?  I'm just finishing up a
monster of a final exam, having spent thirteen hours on it today (got an A
in the course, woo hoo.)

I would like to thank Bill profusely for posting the message before the
start of the class.  I certainly would not have been aware of the course
had he not been considerate enough to think of us.  I believe this has been
the most rewarding class I've taken in the last thirty years and I
whole-heartily recommend it to others who might consider taking it in the
future.

Rick, AA5S

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Bill W4ZV <btipp...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I thought this might be of possible interest to some.  I believe it's free
> and open to anyone.
>
> 73,  Bill
>
> 6.002x (Circuits and Electronics) is an experimental on-line adaptation of
> MIT’s first undergraduate analog design course: 6.002. This course will
> run,
> free of charge, for students worldwide from March 5, 2012 through June 8,
> 2012.
>
> Professor Anant Agarwal, director of the Computer Science and Artificial
> Intelligence Laboratory, leads the class.
>
> The inaugural class for MITx—an Institute effort that will develop new
> interactive, open-source teaching tools while offering web-only
> courses—will
> introduce learners worldwide to smartphone secrets such as lumped circuit
> abstraction. Check the description for 6.002x Circuits and Electronics to
> learn what physics and math you need to be successful, watch a short
> introductory video, and enroll.
>
> https://6002x.mitx.mit.edu/
>
> The course, which runs March 5–June 8, is free but you must register and
> complete the assignments to earn an MITx certificate.
>

> --

Rick McClelland, AA5S
Fort Collins, CO