I ordered a "Think-tank Strobe Stuff" bag from Amazon (about $45). It
just arrived, and in my opinion this is the ideal bag for anyone who
wants to carry a KX3 and accessories in the smallest possible form-
factor.

You could even use this bag for Ultra-light HF Pack operation
(pedestrian mobile). Just strap it on and deploy the whip out of the
top of the bag. There's a way for mic and headphone cables (and a
trailing ground wire) to emerge from the bag while it's fully zippered
shut.

(I also need to write some new firmware that allows you to hold both
mic buttons together to switch their function from VFO control to
volume control :)

The "LowePro Edit 140" bag, which I also have, and Rose Kopp's KX3
bag, both have a lot more space when you need it. But sometimes I like
to travel really light.

Here's a rough dimensional comparison (HWD) of the two camera
accessory bags:

   "Edit 140":      6 x 11 x 7.5" (total volume, about 500 in^2)

   "Strobe Stuff":  4 x 9.5 x 4.5 (about 170 in^2)

The Strobe Stuff bag is much smaller, but still holds everything you
need for a complete station:

   KX3
   MH3 mic
   backup "mini-mic" (3" long, hinged, with 3.5 mm plug)
   KXPD3 keyer paddle
   ear buds
   spare set of 8 AA cells (or a 4-cell, 14-V Li-Ion pack)
   antenna and ground wire (two 25' lengths of Wireman #26 "silky")
   two 1" stainless-steel hex nuts (for tossing wire into a tree)
   20-m two-piece telescoping whip (in case there isn't a tree)
   BNC L
   BNC-to-binding post adapter (for use with the wires)

I put the KX3 and the antenna wire in the main pocket, spare batteries
in the small accessory pocket on the bottom of the bag (4 x 4 x 1"),
and everything else in the large accessory pocket (4 x 10 x 1").

The Strobe Stuff bag has a few other features:

- The small zipper pocket at the bottom normally holds a rain fly that
can be pulled out and secured over the entire bag to keep it dry. But
I pulled the rain fly out in favor of the external battery pack or
spare AA cells.

- At the top of the bag there's a small fabric loop you could use for
hanging or carrying, and two smaller loops that could serve as strain
relief points for wire.

- On the back there's a T-shaped fabric strap with lots of velcro that
conceals a hinged strip of very sturdy plastic. This strip reinforces
the fabric strap, so the bag can be attached securely to a belt or
backpack. The strip also seems to function as a tilt-stand for the bag
if deployed at an angle. This probably has some utility when used with
camera strobe lights.

I'll be testing the bag this weekend (Field Day).

73,
Wayne
N6KR