From: Mike Sanders [mailto:k...@centurytel.net]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 11:47 AM
To: Brian Alsop
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Happy But Very Sad

Brian, I am not sure you read my email.
I have no S/N or S/N+N ratio reading with the device
I am using in my hamshack. MDS? The IFR 1200 series
of service monitors are calibrated down to .1 microvolt and
down to -120 dbm at just over .2 microvolt. There is a "fine"
tuning on a ring around the attenuator switch that allows for
excursions up or down in signal level.
MDS? I had the attenuator at .1 microvolt and the fine tune
all the way down but still could not lose the signal. My comment
ABOUT -130dbm was a guess. When I bottomed out the attenuator
I still had a USUABLE SIGNAL that I could have worked. That
being said and all the guesses and assumptions I am making
tell me that these transverters are hot.
This is not a laboratory it's just a ham shack. I am very happy
with the performance of these transverters. 73

                    Mike Sanders
                        KØAZ