On 7/2/2012 10:50 AM, Robert G. Strickland wrote:
> Yes, I can have them both in my K3, but if I had
> to choose, which one would seem preferable?

I'm mainly a contester, but I work some DX, digital modes on 160M, and
all modes on 6M. I use the P3 a LOT more than I use the second RX.

For DX, you get the overview of the pileup, can often see who he's
answering, and can think about where you want to put your signal.  For
contesting, it helps fit yourself into a crowded band, see when someone
is splattering or putting out garbage. For any operation, it's easy to
quickly go to a band and check up to 200kHz of it for any signals. It's
REALLY useful on bands like 10M and 6M, where signals appear for a few
minutes and are gone due to E-skip. I keep the P3 full width (200 kHz)
to look at 50.080 - 50.280.  I've worked a lot of guys who were there
for only a few minutes and gone, very common with 2-hop E-skip.

73, Jim K9YC