Tom,

I would suggest if you do that, to use the cathode of D12 for the source
of your voltage.  That is turned on/OFF with the K2 power switch.

The K2 maximum current (CAL CUR) is normally set to 3.50, and the
internal fuse is rated at 5 Amps.
The difference is 150 ma, but I would suggest limiting the draw to 100
ma or less.  The W1 is spec'ed at 30 ma with 10 LEDs lighted, so no problem.

73,
Don W3FPR