Fred the big advantage of the P3 (I assume you meant to type P3), is
that it is at eye level with the K3. Also the programmable function
buttons have the appropriate text above them when "Labels" are turned
on.

In my opinion there is no advantage whatsoever in having an external
display for a P3, the resolution of the P3 LCD screen is more than
adequate. The images shown on the web do not do justice to the P3
screen. I do use reading glasses if that makes any difference...

I also have an SDR, a Microtelecom Perseus, which I used to run in
parallel with the K3 on a 17 inch LCD screen... Since getting the P3
the only use I have for the Perseus is with CW Skimmer and occasional
use as a spectrum analyser.

73 Dave, G4AON