*Fred,

Um, yep, been there done that. Much to my embarrassment.

Mine requires light pressure while transmitting, is comfy for my tender,
aged, foot. I have done 24 hour contests and although I was sleepy tired my
foor came away in good working order. We won't say too much about the vocal
chords though as they were a little rough.

73
Gary
*
On 16 July 2012 13:40, WILLIS COOKE <wrco...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A problem with the dimmer switch idea is that you need to press the switch
> to turn the transmitter on and press it again to turn it off.  I think most
> of us that are used to a switch that you hold down while transmitting and
> then release to receive.  I find that with a K3 the VOX works so well that
> I would rather use the VOX and just talk.  Of course you have to be careful
> when you yell at your dog or your wife yells at you!
>
> Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
> K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart

*Gary*
*"If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere
else."*