I have similar difficulty John, those *#%! alternating dits and dahs are
just not for me.
I can use a dual lever paddle if the keying is Ultimatic - no
alternating, and the last paddle closed gets priority.

So Wayne, if enough of us beg, can you add Ultimatic keying? Especially
desired for the KX3.

73,
Don W3FPR