I have a few Amidon T80-2 toroids and plan on making a 1:1 balun. I guess I
really have 2 questions.

1. Would insulated wire work OK to wind it with or is it really necessary to
use enamel coated magnet wire? I have some #28 or so (cuttings from computer
ribbon wire) that may work out well (already bonded through the length of
it, dual conductor parallel runs). If not I have some 18 gauge gold color
magnet wire.

2. I am going to use a BNC connector for the rig side. I am thinking of
putting a pigtail of LMR-100 (maybe 4-6") to the connector, but if it is
going to be too lossy or cause the impedances to be too far out of whack I
won't worry about it and make the balun a direct box off the side of the
rig.

My last question is if there are any good triple ratio balun designs. I want
the 1:1 to match doublets, but a 2:1 and 4:1 ratio would allow a bit more
flexibility in impedances.

Steve, KC8QVO