Don,

I agree with Don, W3FPR, that a connection central box or "Breakout Box", is
a good plan.  The box which I built uses toggle switches (each with an
ON-OFF LED indicator) rather than rotary switches, because frequently I want
to listen to two, sometimes but not often to three, of my receivers at the
same time, or switch quickly between transmitters. The beauty of a Breakout
Box is its versatility, and of course there is no risk of damaging
connectors while plugging/ unplugging them.

Thinking ahead, if you add later more functions to your box such as mic
audio, DC power control etc, the number of cables entering the box can
become quite large.  To get rid of the rat's nest of cables entering my
Breakout Box, I have been looking into the possibility of using a single
fiber optic cable between the box and each of my receivers and transmitters
to carry the audio and control signals.  But this scheme would be difficult
to implement with the K3, and probably with any other commercial "amateur"
transmitter/ receiver.

73,

Geoff
LX2AO