Vic,

You will have to remove the top cover and then remove the two screws
holding the front panel and Control Board together,  If you have either
the KDSP2 or KAF2, you will haave to remove that first to get to the
standoff that holds those options in.

Once th eFront panel is free from the control board, remove the 4 screws
at the corners and pull the front panel forward.

You can then remove the knobs and the metalwork to get at the board and
remove the pots.

If you are replacing the audio pot and your serial number is below 3000,
give strong consideration to installing the Alternate AF Gain Wiring
Mod.  It only involves wire, and is a worthwhile addition.

73,
Don W3FPR