I have a spare Yaesu MH-31 from my FT-857D that has never been used. So I
figured I would implement it with the KX3.

There is very little audio coming out of the rig, the ALC will not budge on
max audio and compression unless I whistle in to the mic where it will hit
about 5 tick marks. I can hear audio when I turn the monitor gain up or
listen on another rig, but it is not strong.

The cable I have with the mic is a cut off end of a CAT5 cable, about 5'
long. The RJ-45 is used on the mic end and the wires are soldered to a
4-circuit TRRS 3.5mm plug on the rig end.

I tried changing the mic bias as per the manual as well as the switch on the
back of the mic (equalizer of sorts I believe).

Are there any more tricks? I do not believe the mic needs any power, but I
could be wrong.

Steve, KC8QVO