While setting up a transverter for PTT over the coax line with a
bias-T ckt, I encountered a surprise when I connected the transverter
to the Rx connection of the KXV3.  The line went low every time I
connected it to the K3.  I measured 75-ohms resistance across the Rx
BNC on the KXV3!  I would have expected it to be capacitively coupled
and show infinite resistance.

It is not a problem as a custom interface is being built to key the
transverter PTT thru a bias-T interface.  The interface incorporates
dc blocking capacitors to the K3 on both Tx and Rx coax lines.

The customer wants a single coax line between the K3 and the
transverter, thus PTT over the shared coax line (I suspect the
transverter is to be placed remotely from the radio and run on a
separate dc power source).

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45