I figured I would share a couple pictures from my backpacking trip over the
weekend.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/Backpacking%20Stuff/IMG_0537.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/Backpacking%20Stuff/IMG_0537.jpg

The first one is the KX3 running while I'm cooking dinner. I had it on 40
meters with my jumper dipole. Linguini and Clam Sauce for dinner - onions
and garlic simmered in olive oil, clams are about to go in. The pot on the
right with the aluminum foil has our bowtie noodles ready to go. The trick
is take the noodles off the burner about half way done (still crunchy). Then
by the time the goodies are cooked in the pan the noodles finish up cooking
in the hot water. Strain, add the good stuff, put it on your plate, and dump
fresh ground parmisian cheese on it. One word of caution - never cook this
in a crowded camp site. You'll have everyone invading camp wondering what
the heck is for dinner! HI.

Here is my 6 watt solar panel on my pack. Putting it under the straps hold
it in place. The top was secured to the hook hanger loop on the top/inside
of the pack (what you use to hang the pack on a hook) with a piece of
string. This was earlier in the day Saturday.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/Backpacking%20Stuff/IMG_0520.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/KC8QVO/Backpacking%20Stuff/IMG_0520.jpg

This trip didn't allow a whole lot of radio time, no contacts this trip. I
called CQ on 40m CW for a while before I went to sleep, but I was exhausted
and the next morning went too fast. We broke camp, ate breakfast, and hit
the trail so the guy with me could get to work on time. The important thing
is we made the trip, the rig made it along, and I had everything working
just fine! It was a good test run. Now for lighter batteries... HI

Steve, KC8QVO