Well sure enough, the buys at Elecraft (Thanks Harold!!!) shipped me parts
overnight and my K3 came to life.  They very smartly shipped a new Q2 (bad)
and the "K3 12DC Current Mod Kit".  While my radio had the kit installed
from the factory, the kit had two very important parts.  D35 was shorted in
my radio.  D34 comes in the kit but is the same as D35. so there's my
replacement. But one additional part. the self-healing 1A fuse became my
bridge across the empty Q2 spot to test out the rest of the radio before I
installed the new Q2.  It all worked perfect, and my K3 is back on track to
be on the air starting Saturday afternoon on J6.  Now more than ever, I'm
looking forward to the trip.  Don't let anyone tell the service at Elecraft
isn't first class.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ / J68HZ/ 8P6HK/ ZF2HZ/ PJ4HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch

Staunton, Illinois

email:   <mailto:b...@wjschmidt.com> b...@wjschmidt.com